EcoFeminism in Hawaii and Portland, OR!
EcoFeminist Entrepreneur is managed in two locations:
Pleasurable Activism! We love living in wonderful places! However, we weren't content to simply relax and enjoy our beautiful eco-community life. We also care a great deal about social, feminist and environmental issues!
Hedonisia EcoFeminist Entrepreneur Services
In addition to managing this site, as a micro-business, we are still able to embody Community Activist Feminist & Environmental principles and earn enough to continually grow and evolve:
- Sustainable Community Manager Internship. One of the most effective ways to learn is by actually managing a social entrepreneur community as part of our intern team! We even act as a start-up incubator for interns with an EcoFeminist Entrepreneur idea of their own!
- Hedonisia Eco-Feminist Entrepreneur Portfolio: EcoFeminist Web Projects managed by the Hedonisia Community
- Hedonisia Handbook & Activist Entrepreneur eBooks & Membership. You can be a member even if you don't travel to Hawaii! Members gain access to our continually updated eBooks!
Hedonisia Hawaii is an EcoFeminist Community tucked away in the jungles of East Hawaii. Volunteers and interns come from around the world to work on our community and web projects.
At the Hedonisia Hawaii eco-community, we encourage women to be empowered physically and in nature as "Jungle Queens" who can adapt and learn to live in a rainforest environment. In other words, we encourage female 'Environmental Empowerment' by overcoming feminine angst and fear of nature that is so common among urban women when faced with living in wild nature.
We offer 3 options to volunteer for our EcoFeminist Entrepreneur Web Portfolio:
- Sustainable Community Manager Intern Program: Stay in Hawaii up to one year!
- Fair-Trade Volunteer Program: Enjoy a discounted stay in Hawaii with 12 hours work a week!
- Virtual Volunteer Program! For those who can't make it to Hawaii, you can'work from home in advance to build and 'bank' volunteer hours in exchange for lodgings for a future eco-vacation at Hedonisia Hawaii!
To apply to be in any of the above programs please use our Community Participant Application Form!
One of the biggest projects we do is writing and research for the site and our video ecourse.
For example, we need to fact check and quote studies and research that support some of the central ideas in the EcoFeminist Entrepreneur Video eCourse.
Applicants who wish to work on this site should have at least some of the following qualifications:
- Education. We welcome applicants with writing and online research experience. These projects are perfect for students, graduates or professionals in the fields of Sociology, Women’s and Gender Studies, Psychology, Humanities or other liberal arts program.
- Computer Proficiency. Include experience with Google Docs, editing pages in WordPress, Photoshop, web design, graphic design, SEO or any other related software experience.
- Related Work Experience can be substituted for formal education experience. Please specify what related work experience you have. We prefer applicants with skills, interest, and experience relevant to the projects they wish to work on!
- Basic Research Skills: Including writing, footnotes, and bookmarks. Experience with online research (e.g. using Google and other search engines)
- Certificate of Completion: If an Intern or Volunteer is a student, then we can adjust their hours to reflect the requirements of their educational institution.
Portland Eco-Feminist Volunteer Option!
As the TV show, Portlandia cheekily observes, Portland is one of the most 'feminist' cities in the USA! We love progressive Portland so much we created a tiny Hedonisia Portland Micro-Community Volunteer Rental in a beautiful 2-bedroom apartment in SE Portland.
We offer one of those bedrooms, 3 times a year as a temporary rental! Eco-feminists who need a temporary room for rent in Portland can volunteer a few hours a month in exchange for rent reduction! Portland Eco-Feminist Roommate Online Application