Products & Services to Honor a Woman's Menstrual Cycle
Women around the world have often been stigmatized when they are on their menstrual cycle.
This innovative company is hoping to create a chain of spa based outlets that honor a woman's cycle in the 'red tent' tradition.
This ideas supports women’s empowerment for a few reasons:
- 1. when women honor their cycle in this way, they empower themselves and women worldwide, setting a precedent that this is valid and important
- 2. there will be workshops and classes, specifically designed for women’s empowerment on the premises
- 3. when women join together with other women, it amplifies women’s power
- 4. a portion of profits and fundraisers will go towards non-profits helping women local and globally.
Feminist Entrepreneur Criteria:
- People: Providing support and services for women at a sensitive time in their cycle.
- Planet: Ecofriendly pads and services that are beneficial to the planet and to the health of women.
- Pleasure: When women are feeling happy and not judged while menstruating.
- Purpose: The purpose of this idea is to create happier women by addressing this important part of their gender that is so often overlooked.
- Profit: Not only can the idea work as a beautiful spa type center in one location but the concept can be recreated around the world with cultural variations.